Scottish Enterprise has launched a new funding scheme to help improve design in Scottish business
The funding can contribute between £2,000 and £5,000 to help you design new products, processes or services or to help you improve the design of existing products, processes or services.
Who can apply?
- VAT registered companies in Scotland (except Highlands and Islands) looking to develop new products or services
- You must be able to contribute at least 25% of the cost
- You must be able to fund the project up front
- You must be able to demonstrate the benefits of the project
- While you don’t have to be trading, you do have to be VAT registered, and be able to describe how the grant will help take your product or service to market
- If you’re a social enterprise company, you can still apply as long as you are trading and VAT registered
What can you use it for?
- Design a new product or service or improve the design of existing products or services
- Hire a designer to help improve your business processes
- Updated branding and packaging as part of a larger innovation project, however this must not make up the whole of the project
- External research providing information on customer needs and wants
- Hire an expert to help write a design brief or prepare a design blueprint
- Develop a more user-friendly approach to new product development
- Hire an expert to help your business use design more effectively
- Expert advice and feasibility studies
- Designing and developing a website, as long as the website is part of a project and the costs don’t make up more than 10% of the grant amount