Influencer marketing brand safety: four things you must plan for

By Alec Harden-Henry, Commercial Director, Influence Network. In an influencer marketing benchmark report for 2019 79% of respondents said that brand safety could either occasionally be a concern or that brand safety was always a concern when it came to their influencer marketing. That leaves 21% of respondents who don’t feel as though brand safety […]

TikTok opens for business

By Mary Keane-Dawson, Group CEO of TAKUMI. 2020: the year of TikTok. The social media platform has experienced astronomical growth in the last six months, and earlier this year was crowned most downloaded app worldwide – with 315 million downloads to its name in Q1 alone. Since then, TikTok has gone from strength to strength. […]

Influencers now a vital part of the creative department

By Alec Harden-Henry, Commercial Director, Influence Network. When studios are closed, new creative talent is hard to come by and multi-person location shoots are off-limits where should you turn? For those brands who were quick to react, influencers have appeared to be an increasingly acceptable answer. Where once a ‘creative’ would have been a core […]

How will influencer marketing progress in 2020?

By Mary Keane-Dawson, Group CEO of TAKUMI. In 2019, TAKUMI surveyed nearly 4,000 consumers, marketers, and influencers across the UK, US, and Germany to uncover their opinions of influencer marketing on Instagram. In our whitepaper, ‘Trust, transaction and trendsetters, the realities of influencer marketing’, several interesting relationship dynamics emerged across four key themes: legislation, authenticity, […]

Influencer agencies’ measurement lets clients down

By Simon Lucey, founder, Hype Collective. It was a wet winter’s evening in Leeds when I realised what the AMEC measurement framework meant to me. That is a very strange line to open a blog post with. I assure you that the fact it’s true is as surprising to me as it probably is to […]

A New Type of Talent Means a New Type of Representation

By Charlotte Tobin, Founder & Managing Director, Belle Public Relations. I am immensely proud to work with some of the UK’s most established and growing talent, both traditional entertainment and online influencers (and the hybrid between the two – more on that below). I am equally as proud to work with their excellent managers (also […]

Influencing for good, not just profit during Covid-19

By Deb Sharratt, Globally influencer marketing is a multi-billion pound industry.  Its development is an evolution of media relations in a fragmented and increasingly digital media landscape. By definition ‘Influencer Marketing’ is “the art and science of forming, or changing, a public’s opinions and behaviours via a third party online,” CIPR Influencer Marketing Panel. Reputation, purpose and […]

The role of influencer marketing during the coronavirus crisis

By Mary Keane-Dawson, Group CEO of TAKUMI, We are certainly living in strange times! A virus – which was unknown to humankind only four months ago – has spread throughout the world, appearing in six continents, infecting over 350,000 people and changing the day to day lives of billions. And COVID-19’s impact is not limited […]

Managing influence at scale

By Sian Gaskell, Managing Director, CubanEight, The influencer marketing industry is in growth mode and is set to be worth $9.7B in 2020.  As the industry evolves and matures, it is proving its worth on a global scale – building brands, increasing sales and engaging with customers. Larger proportions of marketing spend are being allocated […]

Ever wanted to be InstaFamous? Now’s your chance… sort of

Shauna Madden, Social and Paid Media Manager at integrated agency, ilk,  Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be an online influencer? To post your wit to the world and have hundreds – or even thousands – of adoring fans sing your praises? If you have, you’re definitely not the only one. Enter Botnet. A brand […]