Huge thanks go to all those who participated in the #CIPRCHAT in which we debated equal pay and gender balance. You can follow what happened here.
Drilling down to the next steps is critical and time has been set aside at the April CIPR Council meeting in order to agree some appropriate and achievable courses of action.
Key matters to be considered include:
– How we work with members to find ways to improve transparency and recognise best practice (coupled with how we engage with HRs to do this).
– How we promote our female PR practitioners in senior management roles.
– The development of a framework to help organisations better manage the maternity leave process and a code of practice for when the person returns to work.
– Guidance on introducing flexible working and the benefits.
– Support for individuals post maternity leave (eg a ‘catch up’ workshop on industry developments during their time away and / or a mentor network).
– Whether a combined assertiveness / legislation workshop should be introduced to help practitioners better negotiate their packages and understand their legal rights.
There is much that we can do and we will be calling out for support to make it happen. Please watch this space!
In the meantime, please can I ask you to complete this short survey to help us gather information that will inform activity.